Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Juan Pierre: So What if I Make Him Sound Great?

My Dad says it's dumb that I cheer for him every time I see him on TV or that I talk about him a lot. My BFF makes fun of me for cheering for him because he's bald. So what? I believe Juan Pierre is the best player ever (though he's with the Dodgers now, not the Cubs.)

He's quick so he can steal a lot and he makes some amazing catches. Who couldn't like him? You can always trust him. He's willing to lay down a sacrifice bunt for the team, but he's super good at regular bunts, too. The only bad things are that he seems to get out a lot and he's a devout Catholic. I guess he can't be perfect even if I want him to be!

Bats: Left, Throws: Left
·Height: 6' 0", Weight: 180 lb.
·School: Galveston College, University of South Alabama
·High School: Alexandria (LA) High School
·Debut: [in the major leagues at least, he was recognized in the minors, too]
August 7, 2000
·Born: August 14, 1977 in Mobile, AL USA" (source)

In the majors, he's played for the Rockies, Marlins, Cubs, and Dodgers.
He's set a batting record and he's been in line for MVP a couple times, too.
His career batting average is .300. (source)

"In his seven years through 2006, Pierre has batted .303 with 12 home runs, 287 RBI, and 325 stolen bases in 1,007 games...Juan became a fan favorite early in his career because of his speed, durability, and work ethic. He led the National League in stolen bases in 2001 and 2003, and stole at least 45 bases each year from 2001 to 2006; because of his great speed and ability for contact hitting, many believe he is one of the best leadoff hitters in baseball." (source)

Plus, he's one of the nicest Dodgers. I almost got his autograph, too!

Then, I used to play centerfield (when I wasn't at second) and I like the Dodgers, so I have to like him even if he wasn't my favorite player. He's the best.
It's funny because I just told my friend the other day that I wanted one of these bobbleheads and then I found a picture of one the next day on Google!

Sorry, I just had to post this. I posted a picture on the side of my blog, too.



Update:
"Member of 2003 World Series champion Florida Marlins, and was named the Marlins' most valuable player by the South Chapter of the Baseball Writers Association of America

Received the Cool Papa Bell Award from the Negro Leagues Baseball Museum in 2003
Led the National League in stolen bases in 2001 (46) and 2003 (65)

Pierre was the only player in baseball to play every inning of all his team's games in 2004, and was only the third player to do it since 1971.

On May 9, 2006, Pierre robbed the San Francisco Giants' Barry Bonds of a career 714th home run, which would have tied Bonds with Babe Ruth for second on the all-time list, by catching the ball as it topped the fence. [YES! See? He's amazing!]

Was the first Marlin to record 200 hits in a season
Set the record for the lowest batting average (.292) in a season (2006) while collecting at least 200 hits (204).

Has the 2nd most stolen bases out of any active player

On July 29, 2008, Pierre stole his hundreth base with the Dodgers, becoming only one of four players in MLB history to steal at least a hundred bases with three different teams. He previously stole 100 with the Colorado Rockies and 167 with the Florida Marlins." (source)

1 comment:

mk said...

Hello. So this is Wan Pier? Um... Well... Okay...