Friday, May 23, 2008

Mr. Lockwood's History Class 07-08

[I even have 5 links!]

The class blog site didn’t work and I was disappointed. I think that people forgot about it because they didn’t get involved in the first place. I posted my questions, but only 1 or 2 people signed up and most didn’t get answered. No one else really posted questions on there so I could help them, either. That should probably be a bigger deal next year.

I have to say that even though I don’t like doing blogs, I think that they have helped me with my writing skills. Plus, when I looked over all the blog posts I’d done this year, I had a sense of accomplishment. At the beginning of the year, I was just learning how to work Blogger, and now I’ve got it down.

I liked how the videos expanded much more than the book and were actually interesting. They went with the subjects we were learning and added a bit of change to the class (as well as the humor. Your stories can be a little interesting, shall we say,] too. It made me laugh.) Our other classes don’t really show us videos. (Unless it’s just a cartoon when we have a sub.)

Something else that I like about the time we have in class is the discussions. Stopping the video and explaining it helps me get notes that I can use on blogs. Going through and dissecting the chapter helps me understand it better, too. Both the videos and the book can be unclear in what they mean to someone who is just learning it, but when you explain, it all makes more sense.

I think that one of my favorite parts of the class was when we would talk about what was happening in the world recently. I think that when we say “history,” a lot of us think “ancient.” What we don’t realize is that we are making history every day and the people who should know about it best are the people living at that time. That’s how we get writings passed down to us from ancient cultures-people understand what is going on and write it down.

Overall, I think that it was a great class and almost everything went well.
P.S. The gummy bears WILL get revenge. They are marching to unite.
In the meantime, enjoy!!! :) :) :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Scrolling through looking for mr lockwood's homework page blog and this pops up. Wow! I remember when you used to shoe this to us forever ago when you were like a freshman! Back when you were obsessed with purple. Dang, never thought i would find this surfing the internet.